Monday, August 4, 2008

I have jumped several years ahead and put the only print photos I found in the album that were shot in Urbana. I assume other Urbana photos are in the slide collection; it's impossible to imagine that there are no photos of Urbana.

This is, however, where my father started to leave us, so perhaps the Urbana photos are not here because the Urbana photos are not of us, and therefore were not interesting enough for my mother to save.

These four photographs are a shorthand of highschool-- sweet 14-year-old Sandy on the porch with mom and brother, giving way to a curly-haired (at great pain) guitar player and a sandal-and-embroidered-jeans-clad young hippie with a "stoned agin" expression on her face. Impossible to choose which to place here, so I will choose to let the reader imagine it.

No comments: